Friday, October 24, 2008

bicycle

Bicycle is the transport we can drive it since as a child. I still remember that I have driven my bicycle to surround the village in my childhood. Don’t know how I can drive the bicycle, because I think that are no one teach me before. In now, there are many types of bicycle and their functions are different. There are some types suitable for children drives or suitable for competition. Normally, bicycle is made up by four main parts. That is frame, front set, seat set and wheels .The bicycle have some basic design to hold up the body of bicycle. The modern and most common frame design for an upright bicycle is based on the safety bicycle, and consists of two triangles, a main triangle and a paired rear triangle. This is known as the diamond frame. Frame are made up by steel and others kind material base to their mechanical properties and physical properties. I just now know that the important we learn the subject engineering material in university. It let me know why this object will use this material to build and no the others.

Reference : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aluminum_alloys, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicycle_frame#Frame_materials

No comments: